Winter Warmers in the Kitchen: Pumpkin & Coconut Soup
There is nothing better than a big hot bowl or mug of soup to warm you up during winter. Here at Jag, one of our favourites in pumpkin soup – a classic! But even the classics have a little room for reinvention, and with the subtle notes of creamy coconut added to this recipe, we’re sure you’ll also have a new favourite recipe taking pride of place in your kitchen.
This recipe is delicious, quick and simple to follow – and is fast becoming a firm favourite.
Prep time: 15 minutes, 15 minutes standing time
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 large Pumpkin peeled and diced
- 1 Tbsp (15g) Coconut oil (can substitute for olive oil or butter)
- 2 Onions, chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 4 cups (1L) Water
- 1½ cups (375ml) Coconut cream or milk
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Chilli, halved
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) Coconut cream for garnishing
- Desiccated Coconut to garnish
- Add your coconut oil to the hot pot and slowly cook the onion, then after 5 minutes add in the pumpkin and garlic.
- Continue to cook for 5 minutes, then add in the remaining ingredients and allow to simmer for about 45 minutes.
- Let the soup cool for 10 minutes or so before puréeing to a smooth consistency.
- Garnish with a swirl of coconut cream and sprinkling of desiccated coconut on top to serve.
Recipe from What The Fat book